07 December, 2007

stocking suffins'

now, some of those expensive earrings and tickets can certainly fit into a stocking, but, in our house, stockings were always for little less-expensive suprises. my mom would sometimes cheat and fill up part of our stocking with boring toiletries (yawn, just give me good chocolate) because it's hard to be inspired given both budgetary and physical constraints. i hear ya, and here's my 2 cents:


kitchen gadgets from anthropologie. how cute is this chicken timer? how groovy are these spoons?

the pigs in a blanket shakers? get it? pigs in a blanket?

points for creativity, it's a bottle opener from 3 potato 4!


i know i am contradicting myself about budget here. that said, if you order any ipod nano online, you get freen engraving on it's little tiny backside. so my nephews will be embarrassed by theirs that read "i loooove my aunt kitty".


i go through enough lipbalm to know what's good and i'm telling you, you don't have to spend $12 a pop at aveda for the perfect, minty lip-smacker. i discovered good witches brew lipbalm slopeside in telluride and order it by the box. (at $3.75 you can stock up).


thank you notes from sugarpaper



oh, it'll fit! a little olive dish from michael aram is only 4.5" long.


how can these not-quite-gems only be $15? red flower earrings from build a nest


this summer i left my passport in a cab on the way back from newark after a long-delayed, tedious flight from london. sad to lose my passport. sad to lose my lovely, travelled passport cover. j crew

No comments: